Thursday, October 18, 2007

Irony

It’s a cloudy Sunday. I can tell from inside that the wind is blowing. Staying inside an insulated shell, I could still sense the essence of the clouds and the breeze. The coffee started to brew, and I could hear its breathing sound. I poured it…no sugar was added. I had in my hand DiMaggio’s theory piece. The first sip went in. I closed my eyes.

“So what’s the problem in Frost?” she asked
“Well, they are templatizing creativity, approaching all the problems with similar solutions. No matter what you ask they base their solution on Drivers, Restraints and Challenges”.
“ Whats to you? Just do come home and forget it”
“ That’s where we part ways? If I don’t get that intellectual satisfaction, if I am not challenge enough (not multiple type questions)…its not worth it”
“ You know I am with you right?”
“ Yes”

I opened the eyes, all that I have with me is DiMaggio’s theory piece. The Barista store could not make it to Pullman. Nor could the idiosyncrasies that were quintessential in the store. Ironically I am studying the links that connect the nodes. I have ignored the nodes all my life.

1 comment:

styxnyx said...

Hi Avi,

Nice blog, as usual and thoughtful too. U keep surprising me wid ur changing desires and wishes in ur life! Just when I start feeling happy 4u that u have finally found what u had been pining for, for so long, ur all ready to move on to a newer goal!!!! Don’t take this otherwise, I kind of mean it as a compliment!

At the very onset let me tell u that as far as I am concerned, I don’t think that u have ignored the nodes of ur life – u do everything to keep those nodes intact. And I know this 4a fact. Going away from all that u hold dear or doing what u don’t want to is all a part of things that we all often need 2 do for a “greater good”, remember? Well, like I told u recently, u can never lose all those thngs that u termed as idiosyncrasies in the BARISTA store coz they r all embedded in ur memory – and no one can take THAT away from u! right? Who knows, those memories could be all set for an upgradation in the near future?

Don’t lose hope – hope’s what keep the world sane! And u of all people have so much in life to look fwd 2. u have alrdy achieved wat ppl take years for. And now that ur pursuing ur dreams, I am sure u’ll do even better. Keep the faith and I am sure success will be urs in all that u do.