Friday, March 2, 2007

Shrinking Horizons!!!

Not very long back the dreams that resided in my mind resembled the smell of wet clay on green grass after the first shower. The mind was imaginative and pure, and the rains poured the caffeine to my imagination. And caffeine itself made me so creative. The ingenious thoughts ranged the understanding the “persistence of memory” and debating with friends on its application to our lives. I used to think on what constituted the enigmatic anatomy of what Professor Hamel called the “grey haired revolutionary”( long lived firms).

And then the obvious happened. I graduated. The jeans were transformed to Pin stripes. The neck tie clogged my thoughts. THE WHOLE WORLD WITH THE HORIZONS BECAME A 17 INCH MONITOR. The coffee shop ideas became PowerPoint presentations. Then I used to worry about how to sustain economic developments. Now I worry about my Tax returns. As I am writing this passage its not the empty canvas that’s in my mind, but why has my company deducted my taxes so suddenly.

Is this transformation worth it? What forms this transformation? Why do we lose that bigger picture? Why do we stop loving people and start loving material possessions. Is the pin stripe the “one Ring” that suits the Sauron and destroys us from our core values? Who is Sauron?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey avi,
this is ur most well written blog till date. this is a brilliant piece! kp it up buddy! u c ppl r mnt 2b loved and things r supposed 2b used. the tragedy of our lives is that ppl r bng used and thng r bng loved..... watsay?

avimanyu said...

The extenion of this philospphy is that here in India a burger costs more than a Labor. U know what I mean

Anonymous said...

Bah...Besh
Khuub bhalo likecho

Anonymous said...

Daaru Boss....daarun

Anonymous said...

Mast likha hain Baap